The problem When compiling Emacs 28.05, make bootstrap failed with fatal error: 'libxml/tree.h' file not found while autogen.sh and configure were successfully executed.
Troubleshooting The error message pointed out the culprit, libxml.
I am exaggerating, but sometimes stringsAsFactors is almost this deadly. I work with genomic data, and a common quest in my job is to identify interesting features (in most cases, genes) from a pool of 25,000+.
After struggling for a while, I decided to move from Medium and switch to blogdown. While Medium is a beautiful platform for blogging, its philosophy seems to fit less well when there are more than articles to host.
The more I work with Linux, the more I encounter dependency issues. This is of course not too big a surprise, but it can be painful especially when you aren’t sudo, so the most obvious solution does not work for you.
Recently, I am continuously being amazed by how a seemingly simple task is actually implemented in a sophisticated way. I guess I am just taking so many things for granted just because it was implemented and refined to an extent that I don’t even feel it.
I updated my R packages the other day, and not surprisingly, one package failed to compile. This time, it was XML. The error message suggested configure: error: “libxml not found”, but homebrew suggested I had installed libxml2 and had it up-to-date.
Oftentimes, the sample I deal with is full of noise or confounding factors that I am not interested in. For example, human specimen is doomed noisy because the race, age, sex, occupation, or the life story of the subject would have influenced the results.
As a novice in genomic data analysis, one of my goal is to benchmark how well a clustering method works. I ran across this practice of doing k-means at R-exercises the other day and felt it might be a nice start because k-means is easy to perform and conceptually simple for me to correlate what is happening behind the clustering machinery.